Kuldīga District Museum tells about the history of the area through research, events, displays and exhibitions. The museum’s exhibition rooms are found in the legendary Bangert Villa – a true pearl of wooden architecture on the bank of the River Venta. The balcony affords a magnificent view across the town’s old masonry arch bridge made of brick and the Venta Rapid – Europe’s widest waterfall.
The museum invites you to:
• travel 120 years back into the past and take a look into the apartment of a wealthy resident of Kuldīga, as presented in the museum display;
• learn about the origins of old Kuldīga and its historical development, and examine the artefacts from the museum collection – silent witnesses to past events;
• attend various exhibitions about historical events, art and distinguished luminaries;
• listen to the tales of history and the memories of regular people;
• engage with your classmates in an informative historical adventure;
• enjoy beautiful moments in a historical atmosphere with a unique panorama of the Venta Rapid and the brick bridge of Kuldīga – we offer romantic activities for weddings and birthday parties and rental of premises for photo shoots and small events.